The Penn Spinfisher V SSV6500BLS Bailless Spinning Reel is designed for surf anglers looking for a bail-less watertight reel. What is peculiar with this reel is its ability to keep away water or sand from getting into the body or drag even when completely submerged below water. This eliminates the possibility of the reel malfunctioning as a result of leakage or grit. This special feature makes it the best reel for hard-core surf fishermen who turns the handle of the reel while completely under water.
Penn Spinfisher V SSV6500BLS Specifications:
- Gear Ratio of 5.6:1
- Capacity Mono Line (yd/lb)of 330/12, 300/15, 210/20
- A braid Line Capacity (yd/lb): 430/30, 340/40, 280/50
- Max Drag: 30 lbs.
- Inches per Turn: 39″
- Bearings: 5+1
- Retrieve: Interchangeable
- Weight: 23 oz.
SSV6500BLS Stand Out Features
- Full Metal Body, sideplate, and rotor– The bail-less reel has a full metal body and sideplate with corrosion protection that covers the key spots to prevent damage as a result of saltwater. It also helps in keeping the gears aligned.
- Water Tight Design– This special feature protects the reel from saltwater or sand entry into the gearbox or drag system. It also saves time as one does not have to carry out internals maintainanace as a result of water getting into its internal parts.
- Sealed HT-100 Slammer drag system– This feature is responsible for the reel’s smoothness and longevity. The Slammer Drag System increases the pressure of max drag for anglers battling it out in conditions that are rough.
- Rubber gasket – The rubber gasket is an improved feature in this reel’s model that prevents super line from slipping hence no backing is needed.
- Heavy-duty aluminium bail wire– It adds strength and durability.
- Friction trip ramp– It eliminates premature bail tripping when casting.
- 5 Shielded stainless steel bearing system– It is responsible for rugged durability.
- Line Capacity Rings– Line capacity rings on the Spinfisher V moves smoothly on 5 shielded stainless steel bearings enabling the angler to determine how much line is left during a fight in tough angling.
The Penn Spinfisher V SSV6500BLS is arguably the best model as compared to the previous Spinning reels due to its numerous advantageous features that makes it the most efficient and powerful tool for saltwater anglers. From its performance, durability and maintenance, anglers using this tool will not have to worry about the reel breaking down as a result of leakage or grit especially for the hard-core surf fishermen who loves turning the handle of the reel while completely submerged under water. Anglers who love fighting big fish will approve of this reel due to its strength. You don’t have to possess technical maintenance abilities since taking the reel apart for cleaning the internal components is not necessary as there is no chance of saltwater or sand getting its way inside the reel.