Last Updated on
Selecting a good baitcasting rod can be a bewildering experience for an angler who wants the most for their money. With numerous array of good fishing rods available to anglers today, finding a good rod that suits one’s preferences is not that easy. You might end up spending much money on something you may never use. A good rod, however, may not make one a good angler, but a poor rod can be a limiting factor for any angler. A good angler will always perform better with a perfect rod.
Table of Contents
Top 5 Best Baitcasting Rods
The Shimano FXC 2 Piece Casting Rod is designed for anglers of all skill levels. It is popularly known for its sensitivity and durability due to Aeroglass blank construction. The body of Shimano FXC casting rod is built with aluminum oxide guides which offer a smooth line flow on every cast and retrieve.
The reel seat of Shimano FXC 2pc has a Solid locking graphite and Comfortable EVA foam-grip handle. You need to get this rod if you are looking for an excellent fishing tool with adequate stiffness and flexibility. It is also a very sturdy rod and will give you good value for your buck.
It is meant to be used mostly in streams, rivers, lakes or light saltwater application.
Shimano FXC 2 Piece Casting Rod Outstanding Features:
- Durable Aeroglass blank Construction-Responsible for its sturdiness and durability
- Reinforced aluminum oxide guides -offers smooth line flow on casts and retrieves
- Solid locking graphite reel seat
- Comfortable EVA foam-grip handle
- Available in a variety of lengths
You should never settle for anything less than Okuma Celilo Salmon/ Steelhead Casting Rods if you are looking for a Casting Rod that will not waste your time while out there fishing.The price of this rod directly proportional to the value it offers. Popular for its superior features such as sensitive graphite composite blanks to give you ultimate casting and guide inserts made of aluminum oxide and hooded reel seats made of stainless steel.
There’s a ton to like about Celilo rods, which is why you should not settle for anything less than Okuma Celilo Graphite Salmon. If you want to maximize your success and excitement in fishing. Okuma Celilo Graphite Salmon is tested for reliability and will not disappoint with its performance.
Selling Point Features of Okuma Celilo Salmon /Steelhead Casting Rods:
- Sensitive graphite composite blanks
- Aluminum oxide guide inserts
- Stainless steel hooded reel seats
- Quality Grade Fore and Rear Cork Grips
- 10′ Medium Light action 4-12lb line rating
- Thru-blank reel seat (trigger) long cork
- Stainless Steel Hooded Reel Seats
- Comes with a one-year manufacturer’s warranty
The Abu-Garcia Vendetta Series Casting Rod is one of the best choices for those who love casting rods. Abu-Garcia Vendetta Series series has been updated with a new design packaged with extra strength and durability. It is a light rod with increased sensitivity that guarantees a comfortable experience during a long day of fishing. Buying this rod means breakage of the rod is the thing of the past even the longest casts known for breaking rods cannot break Abu Garcia. These Rods are precision-built for a balanced feel and durability.
The rod features a 30-ton graphite with a well-balanced design that utilizes IntraCarbon technology. This technology utilizes very thin layers of multidirectional carbon fibers within the rod construction. These are the features that make this rod efficient and eliminates chances of failure even when exposed to intense applications.
Selling Point Features of Abu-Garcia Vendetta Series Casting Rod:
- 30 Ton graphite for a lightweight, balanced design
- One-piece aluminum screw down hood creates a secure connection
- High-density EVA gives greater sensitivity and durability
- Stainless steel guides with Zirconium inserts
- Texas rigged hook keeper for most bait applications
- IntraCarbon technology provides a lightweight barrier to improve durability without adding weight.
Okuma Cedros Speed Jig rods increase your success in every aspect of rod performance. This is why you should include it in your rods shopping list.This rod prides itself with action. It is meant specifically for jig weights; Cedros Speed Jig rods extract maximum attraction from jigs at every point in the action. Okuma Cedros Jig Casting Rod offers you comfort experience due to its lightweight split grips that don’t chaff the body during jigging and are highly agile through the fight.
Selling Point Features of Okuma Cedros Jig Casting Rod
- E-glass blank – responsible for incredible pulling power and Shock Reduction
- Zirconium guide inserts reduce friction from braided lines
- ALPS high-rise 316 stainless steel guide frames
- High-rise frames hold the line off the blank & foregrip
- ALPS pyramid shaped 2-tone anodized aluminum reel seat
- Pyramid reel seat-Offers more control and is more ergonomic
- Ribbed EVA foregrip – gives you a better hold and rod control
- Split butt rear grip- improves rod control and excellent technique.
- Jig Clincher-prevents the jig from swinging while running
- Machined aluminum gimbal
- Supported by a limited lifetime warranty
St. Croix Triumph Casting Rods
Just as the name suggests, there’s a ‘Triumph’ in your fishing experience when you have St. Croix Triumph Casting Rod as your fishing tool. If you are an angler that seeks a tool for a massive fishing application or a fast action rod with extra strength and sensitivity, then you should consider this rod. Triumph series is peculiar with outstanding features such as Fuji reel seats, superior, fast tapers, and premium grade cork handles. They are engineered with Croix’s premium and exclusive SCII graphite. St. Croix Triumph Casting Rod deliver more value per cast than most rods in the market, making both your money and time well spent
Selling Point Features of St. Croix Triumph Casting Rods:
- Premium quality SCII graphite.
- Great power, sensitivity, and hook-setting power.
- Fine-tuned actions and tapers for more exceptional performance.
- Tough aluminum oxide guides with black frames
- Fuji ECS reel seat / frosted silver hoods.
- Premium-grade cork handle for better grip.
- 5year warranty backed by St. Croix Superstar Service.
Buyers Guide For Choosing the Best Baitcasting Rod
The buying guide below will help you make an informed decision before you buy a baitcasting rod that suits your fishing needs.
Power – the power of a baitcasting rod defines its ability to fight a fish. They are classified into ultra-light, light, medium-heavy and heavy. Ultra-light or light are good for catching small fish, and medium-heavy or heavy ones are good for larger fish.
Action – this is exhibited by its performance when casting and reeling in a fish. The rod’s action are categorized as:
Fast-action rods – are sensitive and offers an easy hook setting.
Moderate action rods – Suitable for casting middleweight crankbaits.
Slow-Action rods – are good for long gentle casts while fishing live bait and for fighting fish.
Line guides – The inserts of line guides are made of ceramics, plastic or metal. Choose a rod with nickel-titanium alloy or ceramic inserts, and avoid rods that use inferior materials like plastics for guide inserts. Rods with ceramic guides are the best rods to go for due to their resistance to wear, good casting distance and increased sensitivity.
Blank materials – Most quality rods are made of graphite, fiberglass or a blend of the two materials. Graphite is known for flexibility, fighting power and, sensitivity. Fiberglass rods are durable but not very sensitive, and normally heavier than graphite rods. They perform best in heavier applications that don’t require sensitivity. A combination of graphite and fiberglass produce lightweight, sturdy and sensitive rods.
Handle/Grip – This determines the level of comfort of the user while fishing. Cork and EVA foam are the common materials used for the handle. Choose the rod with EVA foam which is more resistant to stains, temperature changes, and the most durable material over time. A pistol grip is either made of cork mounted on a metal frame or composites to increase control. The stretched length of the rear grip is suitable for two-handed casting and more control in a fight.
Reel seat – Baitcasting rods are built with the reel on the top, above a trigger grip that enables an angler to maintain control while casting and fighting a fish.
A good reel seat should accept all of the major brands of reels and fit snugly when tightened.