The decision to buy one of these rods is dependent on the angler. A lot of very experienced anglers in great territory might simply keep one in their car. Backpackers might take one along to supplement their provisions or just to enjoy the water during their trip. Hikers and general outdoorsmen will often place one in their pack during a camping trip or short hike, just in case.
Paired with the right reel and solid experience, though, a telescoping rod can be a welcome addition to any fisherman’s equipment. With the right choice, you’ll soon find yourself fishing in all those overlooked spots you’ve walked or driven by and might just find a whole new favorite place to cast.
Let’s take a look at five of the best telescopic fishing rods available on the market, though, and help you to make the perfect choice for your own needs.
Table of Contents
- 1 Top 5 Best Telescopic Fishing Rods Review
- 2 Recommendation
- 3 Things to Consider When Choosing a Telescopic Fishing Rod
Top 5 Best Telescopic Fishing Rods Review
Eagle Claw PK555SP Pack-It Telescopic Spinning Rod
The price of this rod is low enough that virtually no one should even have to re-think the purchase. Eagle Claw is mostly known for their excellent line of hooks, but they also produce affordable fishing gear that’s useful for most anglers.
This rod comes in at 5’6”, which can be a bit short for the majority of anglers. It’s also made out of fiberglass, so it’s a bit heavier than some of the higher-cost options. What it is perfect for is keeping in your car, think of it as a scouting rod. Throw a cheap spinning reel on it and just check out anywhere that looks like it might provide some good angling.
While you’re not getting a rod built for kings with this low-cost telescoping rod, what you are getting is a solid piece of equipment that can make checking on the places you drive by regularly a reality.
It also features a comfortable grip, and it’s heavy-duty enough to be suitable for most freshwater applications. If you’re just looking for something to take along on your daily adventures without noticing a significant decrease in your bank account, this offering from Eagle Claw is absolutely perfect for you.
- Portable due to its lightweight
- EVA foaming handle
- Durable glass construction
- Quite shorter than the ideal length
- The casting can catch water rubbles
Sougayilang Telescopic Fishing Rod
Sougayilang Collapsible Telescopic Fishing Poles are made of a 24-ton carbon fiber, which is enhanced by an E—Glass Composite. This explains the strength and the sensitivity of these rods. Even with this strength, the rod is lightweight. Its reel seat is made of a Machined Aluminum, which is resistant to corrosion. The rod features ceramic inserts and stainless steel guides.
- Highly sensitive to the vibrations in the fishing line
- Resistant to corrosion
- Durable due to the presence of ceramic composite on the line guides
- Light and small, hence portable
- Very accurate
- Doesn’t come with a fishing kit
- Feels small
- Delivers excess pressure
Goture Portable Carbon Fiber Telescopic Fishing Rod
If you’re looking to make the investment into something quite a bit higher in quality than you’ll be able to find, this is the option for you. Best of all, if light marine angling is your goal this rod will be able to do it with minimal risk of corrosion.
These come in a variety of sizes as well, making the whole experience a bit more customizable. The larger options really aren’t suitable for backpackers, though, since they would take up too much space in the pack.
The rod blank is made of carbon fiber, which is awesome for a telescoping pole. This means you’ll be able to enjoy a great amount of strength and durability along with the convenience of the rod collapsing for storage and easy carry.
The only real problem with this option is the price. They’re a bit more expensive than most telescoping poles, but the difference in quality makes the purchase easily worth the still negligible cost of entry.
With a bit of careful selection, this rod makes the best option for a wide variety of anglers. Keep one of the longer variations in your car or one of the smaller ones in your pack, and soon you’ll be able to fish just about anywhere at your leisure.
- Has plenty of power yet it is a slow action rod
- Strong and durable
- High levels of accuracy
- Corrosion free
- Lightweight hence portable
- Has a butt cap that makes it possible to fish using a fishing belt
- Poor customer service from the manufacturer
PLUSINNO Telescopic Fishing Rod
The PLUSINNO Telescopic Fishing Rod comes with a full package, which includes the fishing rod, fishing reel, fishing line, lures fishing hooks and a carrier bag. This makes it the best option for a novice as you won’t have to buy extra fishing accessories.
The rod is made of high-density carbon fiber that is enhanced with fiberglass. The reel seats of the rod are made of stainless steel, which resistant to corrosion. Most importantly, it features a power drive gear that gives it extra strength.
- Comes with a full fishing kit
- The carbon fiber and fiberglass make the rod strong and durable
- Highly elastic
- Best suited for long range since it is a medium powered rod
- Flexible and provides an excellent penetration ability
- EVA foam handle delivers a comfortable grip
- The line guide of the rod can get stuck
TROUTBOY Black Warrior Fishing Rod
Troutboy is made of 24-ton carbon fiber and E- Glass. It also features a machined reel seat and EVA Fore Grip. Despite being lightweight, the telescopic rod has adequate power. Its weight is well distributed to minimize fatigue, and it is super sensitive to the slightest reflection.
- Lightweight hence portable
- Strong and durable
- Resistant to corrosion
- Well balanced to minimize fatigue
- Comfortable grip, thanks to the EVA Fore handle
- Six lengths to choose from
- Does not come with a fishing kit
- The handle is quite small
Things to Consider When Choosing a Telescopic Fishing Rod
Although there is no perfect collapsible rod, you definitely want something that will give you an easy time in your fishing expedition. You should not strain or have any difficulties when using it. Whether you are new to this game or you have been doing it for years, there are certain attributes that you would like your rod to have. Here are some of the things that you should consider when choosing a telescopic fishing rod:
- Strength: The rod should be sturdy to withstand both physical and mechanical forces. Choose a rod that is made of carbon fiber composite as this material is quite durable and will serve you for long. Don’t go for rods that are made of graphite or any other weak material. The last thing that you will want is to get stranded because of a broken fishing rod.
- Length: Your telescopic fishing rod should not be too long or too short. It should have a moderate length. It is easier to cast long rods as compared to the shorter ones. You can also use them in shallow waters. On the other hand, short rods are accurate, but they tend to deliver substandard leverage. The ideal length is 7ft.
- Sensitivity: The rod should be sensitive to the slightest vibrations of the fishing line.
- Casting: The length and accuracy of the rod should meet the casting needs.
- Corrosion resistance: Since you will be using the rod in the water, check and ascertain that its material is resistant to corrosion.
- Rod Action: This is the exact point where the rod bends. A fast action rod bends at first quartile from the top while a medium action rod circles in the middle of the rod. A slow action rod bends at the third quartile. Medium and slow action rods tend to be more accurate than fast action rods.
- Rod Power: This is the resistance of the rod to flex. If the rod has too much power, it will bend the hook, and you will end up losing the fish. Too little power won’t be able to penetrate the fish’s mouth.
- Price: You should consider getting a telescopic fishing rod that you can afford. However, while comparing the prices, do not overlook the quality of the rod.
These are some of the best telescopic fishing rods that you can find on the market. Together with the tips provided herein, you should be in a position to make the right decision with ease. Have a fun fishing expedition!